The king decided to walk through his kingdom. Looking at what great pride his servants take in their work. The king ran into a miller who was very poor. He said to the king, "I have a daughter who is not the prettiest maiden in the land." The king look at the miller with surprise. "She can make chocolate out of straw."
The king was hesitant with the notion of straw turned into chocolate. He thought and thought. Finally, he realized if this maiden could spin the straw into chocolate he would have the finest delicacies in the land. He took the maiden at once. Beauty did matter if he ever decided to keep this maiden for himself.
Once inside the castle the king took the maiden into the dark tower in the back of the castle. The king instructed the maiden to turn this straw into chocolate at once. Teary eyed and confused the maiden did not know what to do. She sat and weeped. Until a funny little man dressed in pink tights,purple cape, elf shoes and a straw hat appeared in sight. At a lost for words the maiden just stared trying not to laugh. Building up courage the maiden asked, " who are you?" " My name is Rumpelstiltskin, that's who I am." Said with a little giggle. "I am here to help you spin this straw into chocolate." The maiden was excited. But knew she would need to give something in return. "What will you need of me?" Rumpelstiltskin said, I will need your yellow tights dress. The maiden agreed, with confusion. Morning came. The king was delighted with the taste of the chocolate. "I will be the prized king in all the land."
The king turned to the maiden and said follow me. He took her into another room with more straw and said " by morning I want this straw turned into chocolate, and I will give your father gold bricks." The maiden was overwhelmed with joy for her father to have gold. The maiden sat in the corner and weeped once again, she did not know how to turn straw into gold. The little man appeared with her yellow dress on. "I will turn this straw into chocolate if you give me your shoes." The maiden looked at the little man with a peculiar look and agreed. Once again the little man turned the straw into the finest chocolate around. The king was ecstatic.
He immediately took the maiden to the highest room in the tower with more straw.If you turn this straw into chocolate i will wed you and make you my queen. The maiden was delighted with this notion. She would be queen. With such joy she did not see the little man known as Rumpelstiltskin in the room. The maiden said, I will be queen if I can turn this straw into chocolate." Rumpelstiltskin nodded and replied" if I turn this straw into gold you will have to cut your hair and turn it into a wig for me to complete my look." Confused and amused at the same time the queen agreed. The little man turned the straw into chocolate as promised. The next morning as the sun came up the king came in. the king said I will marry you at once. For you have made the finest chocolate in all the kingdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would, personally, change the line from "The king was hesitant with the notion of straw turned into chocolate." to "The king was hesitant with the nothing of straw turning into chocolate." I could be wrong, but it seems like that would flow a little cleaner.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think if you put "She sat and weeped until a funny little man dressed in..." would sound better, rather than keeping it as two separate sentences.
It was good though and I enjoyed it! These are just little opinions from my perspective. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think the twist was great. The only thing I would consider would be not giving away Rumplestiltskin's intention early by indicating "to complete my look." Instead maybe place the maiden in a different location when the king walks in in the morning.
ReplyDeleteI think "weeped" should be "wept."